Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Happy belated Father's Day, first, to my own dad, whose card I just received back in the mail today...oops!  Sorry about that dad.  Apparently that is what happens when you write down your own postal code and town in the address section (yikes).
Secondly, to my husband whose fathering skills equal (and maybe even surpass) those of my superb mothering skills.  I love you baby daddy! ;)
Thirdly, to all of the wonderful fathers out there including:  my father-in-law Jim Purdham, also known as Grandma Jim, to Uncle Sean, my brother Brad...the list goes on!

I have learned so much from all of you about what it means to be a man and father one can look up to.  My dad taught me by example how a man should treat his wife (like a QUEEN) and daughter (like a princess), and so I have accepted nothing less in my relationships.  My husband showed me that equal parenting is possible, and to never underestimate his ability to do anything (because he's done it all!), though a few loving instructions never hurt...  Through my father-in-law, I have seen a caring, nurturing side to men, stereotypically reserved for women, but that's never stopped him, and never will - we love you Grandma Jim!  Through Uncle Sean, I have observed a playful, hands-on, very involved side to being a dad that appeals to babies, toddlers and children alike; while watching my brother Brad has allowed me to see and relive the sheer joy of someone becoming a father for the first time, and the positive impacts a new baby brings to a man's life.

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men in my life!  I feel so fortunate to be surrounded by so many positive male role models for my daughters to look up to.

Could not have picked a better dad for my children.

Ariel deliberately chose Grandpa's knee

To see Grandad holding a smiling child is no surprise

Uncle Sean always playing with the kids

Super-dads!

Dan, teaching Elyse what it means to be loved






No comments:

Post a Comment