Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Welcome to Georgetown!

Moving is hectic.  Moving with kids is chaotic.  And moving when you think you've sold your house, but then it turns out you didn't really after all is something else entirely.

Amid surprises - good and bad - the best is the feeling that comes when you are finally home.  Home is where the heart is.  Home is where our family is together as one.

Though it's barely been a few weeks, our new place in Georgetown has truly become our home.  I'm proud to become a part of this Halton Hills community; a community that, by and large, has been so welcoming.

I have made several trips to the grocery store, jogged past the quaint shops of downtown; took the girls to play at the Early Years Centre, and explored a few parks; worked out at the local Goodlife and played soccer for the first time with my new team.  We've dined at the local fish and chips shop down the road, not to mention a few other restaurants, been to the 'mall', and what I have found is this:  everywhere you go, there are friendly faces in Georgetown.  I'm sure this can be said for many a town - big or small - but Georgetown has left a lasting positive impression on me.  I have never been to an Early Years Centre before where I was introduced to every single person present!  We have been invited to play dates, and coffee dates, and lunch dates.  One of our neighbours even brought us an apple pie.

So, we've been given a few lemons as of late.  Despite our bad luck, the lemonade has never tasted so sweet.

The view from our kitchen window

Our new home

Sumo taking a swim in the pond down the street

One hill of a backyard

Side deck and pond (oh, and Ariel loving life)

Side yard, tier two


Elyse, my little rainbow

Ariel, my sunshine


Home sweet home

To all of my friends in Hamilton and surrounding areas:  you will not soon be forgotten (or rid of me)!  Make new friends, But keep the old/  Those are silver; These are gold.    

4 comments:

  1. You are one fine lady! Hope that peace comes to the home soon, Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we may have found some peace, and right back at you!:)

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the bad luck with the Ancaster house... I have faith that it will sell quickly and that you can put the bad luck behind you!
    The pictures of your house are gorgeous - you must be thrilled to live in such a lovely place like Georgetown. (I feel the same way about Grimsby - where they DO introduce you to the other moms at the EYC!)
    Your daughters grow more beautiful every time I see pictures!
    Wishing you, Dan, Ariel and Elyse all the best in your new home. Mia and I hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim for all the well wishes! xoxo

      Delete