I am so honoured to invite you to this year's First Annual GO21: Halton Walk for Down Syndrome on June 20th, 2015. The Canadian Down Syndrome Society (CDSS) decided to come up with its own brand, moving away from the American Buddy Walk trademark to keep funds all within Canada, and so 'Go21' was born. The name Go 21 means: “Go” in celebration of advancement and strength in the Down syndrome community, and “21” to represent the tripling of the 21st chromosome that determines a diagnosis of Down syndrome.
As you know, our youngest daughter, Elyse, who is now two-and-a-half years old, has Down syndrome: a fact that has positively changed the course of all of our lives.
I didn't know then, two-and-a-half years ago, that our family would be involved in helping to organize Halton's first Annual GO21 Walk, celebrating the lives of people with Down syndrome in our community.
I never considered that I would become the vice-chair of the Halton Down Syndrome Association, and how much affecting change would mean to me, and to our family.
I certainly never imagined that I would be travelling to India this summer as a delegate for the International World Down Syndrome Congress, exchanging information and meeting people with Down syndrome and their families from around the world. I could not have seen then how much one tiny being was capable of. For Elyse, there are no limits to what she can do, and what she will achieve.
Because of people like you. The wonderful people who surround our lives, lift us up, and support us in - not only our times of need - but in our greatest triumphs. When we work together as a team, there is no stopping us.
The GO21 Halton Walk for Down Syndrome will indeed be a day of triumphs and cause for celebration. I hope that each and every one of you will join us as a walker, and extend the invitation to your friends.
My hope is for an even brighter future for Elyse and all of her friends with Down syndrome. As we join together each year, that hope continues to grow, and so too does the promise of a better tomorrow.
Please read below for instructions on how to get involved.
Thank you infinitely for your continued love and support!
The Purdhams,
Adelle, Dan, Ariel and Elyse the star xo
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
To Join as a Walker: email, FB or tweet Adelle Purdham: adellepurdham@gmail.com. Your name will then be added to the list of Team Members on our Raise-A-Thon page.
To Donate to Team Elyse: follow this link to our Team Elyse page: http://haltongo21.ca/profile/ t9yzdq2
To Volunteer the day of the Event: check out this link for a list of available jobs/responsibilities, and then email the volunteer coordinator, Maddison Gilmour: volunteer@ haltondownsyndrome.com
To Walk with Team Elyse AND Volunteer the day of the Event: get in contact with Adelle. Please see above.
FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT: www.haltongo21.ca
THANK YOU!!!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment