Sunday, 1 November 2015

Rocket Man

I have to brag because my husband kicked butt today at his first half marathon race in 6 years!!!  He finished 211th overall out of 1,445, and 31st, in his age category, out of 73 - not too shabby!!  The girls and I arrived in time to see the male second place finisher mow down the finish line, and we clapped and cheered when the first woman athlete came through in 8th place overall - she was amazing, crossing the line at 1:17.

Dan missed his target time by a hair -  finishing 21.1 km in 1:41:10, just over the 1:40 he was aiming for, a pace of 4 min 44 second kilometers (which is really hard to do for 21 kilometers!)

I blame the pace runner, holding the 1:40 sign, who Dan passed on his way to the finish.  The pace guy can't be slow! That's not a thing.  In my eyes, Dan succeeded today in more ways than one.  I'm really proud of him for, not only getting to his goal, and leaving my time in the dust, but creating a new personal best race time, and all the training that went into this race!  You did it babe!

I love you, hun!  Let's go to Disney World!

Big finish

Feeling like hell, blood on his tooth and everything

Champion of the world (or maybe just of Georgetown?)


Ariel cartwheeling out of the shot

So much excitement! Cuties

No comments:

Post a Comment