Monday, 5 August 2013

Potty Talk

Let me set the scene:

Dan and I are in the middle of eating dinner at the kitchen table.  Ariel, having finished her meal early, is off playing contentedly with her dollies by her toy bins.

Out of nowhere, catching us completely by surprise, Ariel says, "Daddy, mommy had a big poop!" (For the record, I had done no such thing at the dinner table!)
...

Yes, I believe we are at the potty training stage.  Ariel tells us when she's gone, and is beginning to foretell what is to come.  She's had some success on the potties that are laying around, and very much enjoys reading all of her 'potty' books.

I know in my heart of hearts she is ready for this developmental milestone, it's just putting in the time and commitment to help her get the job done that seem a bit daunting.  Ariel talks the potty talk; but can she walk the potty walk (or rather, dance the potty dance)?

As early as next week, 'we' may all be ready.  But, it's a big step (for everyone)!

Tonight's banter ranged from, "mommy's had a big poop" to balancing a rubber frog on a cup in the tub, and in celebration announcing, "I'd like some cake please!"  Miss independent is certainly a girl who knows what she wants, and if we're lucky, that will include using the potty like a big girl.  Fingers crossed.

Photo update:

Did I mention Ariel LOVES holding her baby Tilly (or "Titty" as Isla calls her)

She loves holding her sister too

Ariel and Isla.  At first I thought it was so cute they seemed to be holding hands here, but then got the backstory from Uncle Sean that Ariel was actually trying to remove Isla's hand from the fence.  She has some "mine" issues.  We're working on it.  Stay sweet Isla, stay sweet.



She actually fell asleep reading in her chair at nap time.  This is the last picture you will ever see of Ariel with a soother in her mouth.  All the soothers are now long gone.  In fact, she was done with soothers at the time of this picture, but to my surprise, had dug this mangled chewed-through soother out of her garbage can.  Yum!

Elyse's favourite thing to do in the Bumbo: throw herself to one side and tap the side of said Bumbo

Daddy and Lysie at La Salle Park (not a dirty park at all!)

SWINNNGGG

Back and forth, carrying buckets = busy girl



Sister Twins

Big Guy Snuggle

One of our favourite summer pastimes:  eating ice cream on the back deck.  I realized I had created some expectations when we went outside one morning, around 9ish, and Ariel asked for ice cream.  
An elephant never forgets.

Bath time Snuggles

Snack time and baby pony tails

Artist at work



Eagerly watching

Cookie Monster

Backyardigan

A night out at Boston Pizza


Beach play in the sand at Port Dover and one tired baby

No comments:

Post a Comment