Thursday, 7 November 2013

Tidbits

I know this is playing into a stereotype, but Elyse is seriously sweet.

I had just finished feeding her today, and we were making smiley faces at each other when her sister woke up from her nap quite unhappy.  Ariel stood at the gate that blocks her doorway crying (fake crying, but nonetheless), and Elyse went from smiles to a big sad pouty lip.  She can really stick that lip out when she wants to, and man is it ever cute.

My point being she is very in-tune with others' emotions.  She is a good empathizer.

***

I told Ariel we might be moving into a new house.

"Do you want a new house, Ariel?" I inquired.  She paused thoughtfully for a moment, then replied, no word of a lie, with:

"I want a castle!" "I want to live in a castle, mommy!"

What a princess.

***

Elyse only smiles for the camera with a squished up face, which I find quite adorable.  I tested my theory today that she was putting on her 'camera' face, and sure enough, every time the camera pointed her way, and the flash came on, her eyes disappeared into her enormous cheeky grin.  Maybe the flash is just too bright, but I'm loving her camera pose.

almost got her here, but check out the rest







***

Ariel and I started a Christmas craft today:  painted ornaments for the tree.  She is really patient and showed great control and dexterity with the brush.  A future artiste maybe?

                                                




***

Tomorrow, Elyse turns 1, thus ending my blogging challenge saga!  What a year it has been, and what a pleasure it has been writing and blogging in support of Down syndrome awareness this past month and a bit.  I can't believe it's going to be over!  Thank you so much to everyone who has been reading, as your contribution is just as important as mine.  One more day to go!











No comments:

Post a Comment