Sunday, 23 December 2012

Holiday Cheer

"Gratefulness brings happiness" - or so says happiness expert Gretchen Rubin in her latest novel and happiness project that I just so happen to be reading, called "Happier at Home".  Her words have got me thinking about, So what do I have to be grateful for this holiday season?  As it turns out, lots!  I am grateful for: bringing my baby home from the hospital and spending our first Christmas as a family of four (plus two!).  For the Christmas lights Dan so gingerly arranged over our archway that burn brightly through our stain glass doorway when I pass by having changed Elyse in the middle of the night.  I am grateful for brisk family walks out in the fresh, cool winter's air.  Thankful for the friends and family who have come to visit us; the countless meals people prepared for us (and that we have delighted in eating!), and for the Christmas cards we have received decorating our shelves.  I so appreciate Ariel's laughter, her mouth full of teeth that make her look so much older, and for Elyse's scrunched up face when she arches her back and sticks out her little Santa bum.  I am grateful for our lit Christmas tree standing gracefully, looking out our front window, greeting passersby with holiday cheer; and for my animals who lay near peacefully in the still of the night.
Finally, I am especially grateful for this quiet moment to reflect on all the good things in my life that make me truly, deeply happy.  May you find happiness in each day - though it may be long, because the years are short.  Merry Christmas everyone!
Santa bum

The Animals

My Better-half and our Over-smiler
Teeth and growing up fast! (The potty is all show - we aren't quite there yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment