Thursday, 6 December 2012

See You On the Other Side

My days no longer consist of days and nights; they are just one long, sleepless blur.  Much as the days of any new parent go, but I am no longer living in the comfort of my home.  As of last night, I have officially moved into the hospital.
Much progress has occurred in the past few days.  Elyse had her first full breastfeed - no top-up needed!  She was able to do three partial breastfeeds in a row, and in a 24-hour span we squeaked in 6 partial breastfeeds.  Without being overly optimistic, these are all significant progress and very good signs.  The lactation consultant was the one who hooked me up with my new hospital digs, and we are going to reassess how Elyse is progressing Friday morning.  She seems to be taking everyone by surprise, and I am going to keep pushing her, and myself, to get us to the end - or is it the beginning?
At this point, there as still so many what ifs, but I just wanted to get it out there that if you do not hear from me, see me, or I do not write for a long time, these are all good signs!  Elyse and I are locked away together inside the hospital walls, figuring this breastfeeding thing out -it takes so much time and effort.  We are both exhausted.
However, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  The end is in sight...see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment