Ariel did not want to go in her sled; and we did not make it to the hill; but, we did enjoy a nice winter stroll through the neighbourhood this afternoon!
Ariel looks so big in her winter gear this year
"I can walk on my own, thank you very much!" (swats helping hand away)
temporarily held her mommy's hand on the slippy ice going down our street
Elyse is tucked in tight
Okay, one short trip, but I'm NOT happy about it!
Our Family Ring
Dan surprised me this Christmas with a lovely creation - a gold ring, brought to life by my brother-in-laws sis, Suzanne Spisani (check out her website at: suzannespisani.com). She is now based in Ottawa, and Dan communicated with her via email to coordinate such a thoughtful present for yours truly. Dan's sister, Alexis, was also part of the plans as she slyly asked to see my wedding ring one Sunday dinner and secretly measured my ring size against her own fingers, and then had her finger sized at the mall! What a sneaky master plan!!! I was thoroughly impressed. The two stones on the outside are for our two November birthdays - Dan and Elyse - and the stone Suzi used are Yellow Sapphires (instead of Topaz which is too soft to be worn for everyday use). The green stone is an Emerald for Ariel's end of May birthday and then a Diamond for my April birthday (gotta love being born in April!) Dan said he chose the design (perfect for my tastes) and that there was still room to add more stones (if need be, he was quick to add). I thought, of my gift, that it was a perfect compliment to the two rings I already own and wear each day, and a symbol of this tertiary part of our lives together. First comes love (my engagement ring); then marriage (my wedding ring); then comes baby (babies in our case) in the baby carriage (my new family ring). Thinking about when I received my other rings, I couldn't help but feel some nostalgia, for the days of our blossoming romance, amidst the double duty diaper changes, sleepless nights, never-ending breastfeeding sessions and cleaning up blobs of food off the kitchen floor (otherwise known as our everyday routine!) I found Dan's gift to be very romantic, and a sure reminder of our family's strength, beauty and continuous love. Thank you sweetheart!






No comments:
Post a Comment