At two and a half, Ariel has more than a mouth full to say. She keeps us amused with her daily requests, sayings and mockery/imitations of our conversations. I'll let you guess which ones came from us and which ones didn't.
Ariel:
"I'm a wild turkey!" (runs around like a wild turkey)
"I'm a duck!" (stands on a book??!!)
"I'm a monkey!" (puts one foot up on the ledge of the tub)
"I'm a big gorilla!" (in her imitation scary deep voice)
Ariel, picking up her play kitchen cell phone: "Hi Isla! (her cousin) You're in the microwave!" (?)
Me to Ariel, while she walks her babies in their stroller: "Ariel, are you a mommy and those are your babies?"
Ariel: "No, mom! (Exasperated look) I'm a girl!"
To Dan, in response to his request for her to exit the tub, while grabbing his chin, "Look at me! Look at me! Apologize."
To Dan, upon his daily return home, "How'd you get your hair cut daddy? How'd you get your hair cut?" and "Where's your car?"
She's obsessed with families and their respective family members. While reading a book, if any one character is missing at any one time it's: "Where's the mommy? Where's the daddy? Where's the baby?"
When a family member's car is missing: "Where's daddy's car?" Most recently, out of the blue, "Oreo went to grandma and grandpa's for a vacation" (true), then later, "Where's Oreo? (in response to her own question) Oreo is at grandma and grandpa's." (false)
She shares in her mother's enthusiasm. Ariel, after Dan and I spent an overnight away: "I'm so excited you're home, mommy and daddy! I missed you!"and, "It's snowing!!!!! I'm so excited!!" or "YEAHHHH!!!!!" in response to a variety of life's simple pleasures. And, one of my favourites: "We should do that!"
Me: "Who's with me?!"
Ariel: "I'm with you!"
Ariel: "Baby anuga in the deep blue sea! Swims so wild and swims so free! Heaven above! Deep sea below! And a little white whale on the go!" (yes, she can sing all of our favourite Raffi song, Baby Beluga - I love it.)
Sometimes in the morning when Dan let's me sleep in, and I make my first appearance, "No! Don't you come down mommy!" (How dare I interrupt her play with my presence!)
At nap time today, when I told her I was leaving the room: "You can't leave me alone mommy."
Ariel, looking up at me with wide eyes: "Will you play with me, mommy?" Yes
Ariel: "Sister! Can sister sit beside me on her rocking horse mommy?"
"Sister's awake! Can sister sit with me mom?" or, "Can sister sit beside me?"
Learning to share: Ariel, "Oh! Here's one for sister." sometimes followed by,
"No sister! Don't you touch me!" or conversely, "Oh no, sister! Are you okay?"
She demonstrates a considerable amount of genuine concern for her little sis's well being.
Ariel: "What's that (points) mommy? That?"(point, point, point, point, point)
Ariel, in various contexts: "Chase me mommy/daddy!" or "Look at me grandma/grandad!" (both along the lines of "I'm a wild turkey!")
Ariel: "Oh shoot!" "Oh my gosh!" and, "That's so cool!"
She plays imaginatively. Today, to her dollies: "Do you want to look out the window and see mommy and daddy coming home with the baby?"
She knows how to get what she wants: "Can you make the movie louder mommy...please?" "Can I have some chocolate please mommy?" "Can I have one of those?"
She gives back to others: "I fed sister mommy!" (hmm..what did you just feed her?) "Here's your tea mommy!" (served in her play tea cups), and when it comes to her discarded food, "Here you go daddy!"
The realization has also dawned on her that "I'm the Little Mermaid mom!"
You certainly are our little princess Ariel. xo
No comments:
Post a Comment