Tuesday, 14 January 2014

The Forgotten Sibling

As I raced out the door on Monday night to make my 6:30pm Goodlife Bodyflow class - I missed her say it, but Dan later recounted that Ariel exclaimed, "Adelle!  You just left your sister here, Adelle."

I have never heard her call me by any name other than mommy or mom, and sometimes interchangeably with dad/daddy (which is a compliment to Dan).  Certainly never my REAL name!

Now let me provide the context.  Every night, through her two-year old eyes, I am seemingly responsible for putting Elyse to sleep.  Elyse may have a bath with her daddy, but it is I who then takes her, feeds her and comforts her to sleep all in one motion.  Ariel, in the meantime, gets her bath with daddy, then reads stories with him every night before bed.

So, imagine Ariel's shock when upon feeding her sister I should plop Elyse back down beside her in our main room and walk out the door.  She, rightfully so, called me on my mistake of leaving her sister alone and out in the open where she should not be.  Good thing daddy/mommy was there to take care of things.

Literally waiting by the front door with the dogs for daddy to come home


Sister tub with daddy



No comments:

Post a Comment