Saturday, 1 November 2014

First Snow Fall

What a beautiful coincidence that our first snow fall of the season should fall on the first day of November.  Happily, though our month is just getting started - the snow didn't last.
Our family has a busy month ahead, starting with my half-marathon race tomorrow (Road2hope - check it out).  Elyse turns two, and we'll be celebrating with a few friends and family.  Dan has more international travel ahead (groan), but I will be away with him for a few days on a trip to Chicago (yeah!)  Dan also celebrates his 35th birthday this month, and we'll be partying with our HDSA friends during Pub Night the day of.  I'm preparing for a talk to Preschool teachers and support workers in Hamilton on Remembrance Day, and daily blogging continues in recognition of National Down Syndrome Awareness Week here in Canada, eh;)  I'm looking forward to helping organize and attend one of my best friend's baby showers and - Oh! Only 53 days until Christmas (yes, I said it).


That white stuff is snow on the rooftops - SNOW! I couldn't believe my eyes

A light dusting of powdery white drifting along the deck:  fall meets winter

I picked up my race kit in Hamilton today, just as this lovely lady was finishing her 10 km race!  Way to go Karina!  Thanks for the inspiration, training schedule and support to gently push Mel and I towards our own race date!




No comments:

Post a Comment