If the amount of sweaty haired kids at the end of the party speaks to how much fun they had, then I'd say the party-goers enjoyed themselves immensely!
As for the birthday girl, she spent most of the first half of the party playing in the ball pit, quite happily. Her friends all came to find her there at different times, and would stay and play for a while. The second half of the party, Elyse explored the upper level of the play structure. One little friend came to find me and said he was worried Elyse couldn't get down, but when her big cousins checked on her she was fine. Another time, nobody could find her. Eventually, her whereabouts was reported - she was sitting on the swing bridge. Sometimes Elyse likes not being found.
In talking with one of the moms at the end of the party, she let me know her son picked out Elyse's gift specifically because he knew it was something she would enjoy after he brought the same thing to school, and Elyse liked it. "And," she told me, "he really wanted to get her flowers. I tried to explain Elyse probably wasn't that interested in getting flowers, but he really wanted to get them for her." She managed to talk him out of it, but I thought that was so sweet.
A HUGE thank you to all her school friends, neighbours, friends from HDSA, and family who came out to make Elyse's party so special!
I couldn't get into the ball pit area easily, so I settled with photos on the other side of the mesh barrier. Even though the quality isn't great, I like them because they tell the story of Elyse and her friends. The reunion was adorable with everyone surrounding Elyse, the birthday girl.
Her daddy spoiled her with two sets of balloons - as he should:)
No comments:
Post a Comment