I visited with friends, caught up on all the latest goings on in the Ds community, and saw snippets of HDSA's new video explaining what we're all about. Elyse is featured in one section taking part in the Reading Program we participated in last year, and I also appeared on screen, speaking to the role HDSA has played in our lives.
While I was there, I picked up several copies of HDSA's 2018 calendar to sell and give as gifts; purchased a new printing book resource to be used with Elyse, related to a workshop I took part in, thanks to HDSA, called Handwriting Without Tears, that has helped me teach printing skills to both our big girls. I received a copy of HDSA's Annual General Report, and last, but not least, I checked out HDSA's brand new lending library, and got my hands on David Stein's new book (2016) called, Supporting Positive Behaviour in Children and Teens with Down Syndrome - I'm anxious to dig in. All of this happened in a span of about 15 minutes. HDSA has a lot going on!
Before I left, chatting with Leanne, the incredible Chair of our Association, I motioned towards the library. "I hope my book will be in there someday...if I can get it published."
"You mean when you get it published," Leanne said, "And we're going to buy the first two copies."
Thanks Leanne. Thanks HDSA family!
We are so fortunate to be a part of such an amazing support system in our community!
Surprise, Karen!
Leanne Tovey, Chair of HDSA
There was face painting happening!
Rebecca & Evelyn
Emily and I
Many treats and delicious food
Meghan, our amazing admin (plus, plus, plus)
Elyse, checking herself out in this year's calendar
Anyone want to buy a calendar?
No comments:
Post a Comment