Tuesday, 6 November 2012

First Scribbles

For the first time today, Ariel showed an interest in using a marker for which it was originally intended, and created some beautiful dots and then scribbles.  She also mastered how to take the cap off and put it back on.  Before today, markers were great for putting in her mouth, carrying around and throwing.
lid comes off

lid goes back on

I turned around, and the next thing I knew, she had spelled her name with Play-dough!  Couldn't believe it - I am so proud!


In all seriousness, Ariel loved playing with Play-dough today too.  She sticks her fingers in it, but hasn't quite figured out what to do with it yet.  So, I make snakes for her, and she makes them "hisssss"; I make a dinosaur, and she makes him "roarrrrr!!" while removing his body parts.  She'll pull off an arm or a leg, look at me intentionally, and say "uh-oh!", and so I fix him up.  We make a good team.

No comments:

Post a Comment