Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Induction Tomorrow

And just like that, I am being induced tomorrow!
After weeks of nerve-racking appointments:  Will I be having a baby today?  Next appointment?  Next week?  - the guessing game is finally over.
Baby and I are still both doing well, BUT she is on the small side, and she dropped to the third to tenth percentile for weight, measuring in around 4 lbs, 12 oz.  Her placenta is not functioning properly, and so the time has come for her to come out.
Our Obstetrician said, "So, it is not such an emergency that you need to have her today, but I was looking at the schedule, and how about tomorrow?"...pause... *dazed and confused expression on our faces* "SURPRISE!"
Surprised, but more so panicky was how I felt.  I have known this day was coming, but it has never really come (even when we really really thought it would), so now that someone is telling me that I am having my baby tomorrow, I felt like saying, "no I most certainly am not!  You can't tell me what to do!"  It does feel like a bit of a let down that I was having contractions naturally the other day, and now my body will be artificially fooled into labour, BUT, on the plus side, I am 2 - 3 cm dilated so I see it as a good sign that my body has already had some practice preparing for labour.
I guess baby was just waiting for the conclusion of the Down syndrome awareness campaigns - plural - to make her grand appearance!
As for me, writing has continued to be my daily therapy, but I may have to do some journaling for a while.  Thank you to everyone for your continued love and support!  Can't wait to introduce you to our new daughter soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment