Friday, 3 October 2014

31-for-21: Picnic at the Park

A day that began like today is not to be wasted indoors.  The sun shone brightly with the wind blowing unevenly, and fierce at times.  A perfect fall day.  Everything about the warm sky invited us out to play.

With Ariel off to Preschool, Elyse and I did some grocery shopping, then packed a picnic lunch to take with us to the park.  When it was time, we walked across the street to pick Ariel up from Preschool, and she was delighted to hear of our plans to stay at the park.  You face the park as you exit the Preschool, and not before long we were enjoying the play structures and eating our yummy lunches - enjoying a lovely time together.  In these very sweet moments, Ariel has become good at recognizing a good thing when she's got it.  She turned to me and said, "I love you mommy!"  I love you too Ariel:)  We had so much fun.

As we walked home, I pointed out how the leaves were falling from the trees.  "Who's going to pick them up?" Ariel asked.  "Probably mommy and daddy," I answered, amused.

The dark clouds were already rolling in as we made our way back into the house, and upstairs for nap time.  By the time Elyse was asleep, and Ariel and I finished reading, 'Sixteen Rolling Pumpkins', the skies opened up and the rain came pouring down.  I was pleased with my decision to spend the time outdoors with the girls; the rain acting as a gentle reminder to live in the moment.  The sun can't shine every day, so you've got to make good of it while it lasts.  And so we do - as best we can.

My sunshine girls:


It's a big playground out there

Kisses



Boots off and making a friend


Peek




Such a big girl


As promised, the answers for yesterday's belly shots are (from left to right, starting at the top and moving our way down):  Ariel, Elyse, Ariel, Elyse, Ariel, Elyse, Elyse, Ariel, Elyse, Elyse, Elyse (you can actually see Ariel in the last picture).  And...the three Mystery Bellies belong to:  Lindsay McFarlane, Stacy McFarlane, and myself, and are carrying:  Stella, Sophie & Elyse - all lovely little cousins around the same age.

No comments:

Post a Comment