Sunday, 13 October 2013

Day 13: Thanksgiving Part 1 - The Newbies

Every year, since we moved into our first home, we have hosted Thanksgiving dinner for Dan's family and mine as one big family!

Today, as I was in the midst of cleaning up the leftover chaos, it hit me that we had three newbies this year, and how wonderful that is.

This ones for you girls!

To my beautiful niece, Sophie:
You kind of remind me of my little brother!;) lol -  With good reason!  Today you were walking around like a pro; and you're not quite 10 months old!  I cannot remember what life was like before you came along, but I'm so glad you're here.  I loved watching you sit and play with my little Elyse.  I know you two will be close.


To my infectious giggly girl, Elyse:
At this time last year you were weeks away from being born, and I didn't know what to expect.  I didn't know exactly what you would need, or the best way to love you - other than to do my best.  Since your arrival, we have been a team - you and I - filled with more love than is imaginable.  You are exactly who you were meant to be, and I love you for it.

To my newest and snuggliest niecey, Tilly:
You are starting to look an awful lot like your sister and your mommy.  Don't worry - that's a good thing!  I'm happy I had a chance to hold you tonight, while your tiny little features stay small and pudgy, and you can't yet tell me, "no!" lol.  At almost three months old, you already seem so alert and ready to explore your world.  I can't wait to watch you grow...but on second thought, I am going to hold onto your baby-ness for just a little while longer.  By next year, it will be all but gone.


I am so thankful for these three precious little girls in my life.  I think we may just have the boys out-numbered:)

No comments:

Post a Comment