The true hero of today though, and the main reason for naming today's post 'Picture Perfect', is my "little" brother, Brad McFarlane, who took absolutely beautiful photos of Hamilton Buddy Walk that took place this past weekend.
I have spent many months, alongside some good friends, organizing and preparing for the Buddy Walk, and it means so much to me to have such a complete selection of photos that so perfectly capture the essence of the day. The photos put a smile on my face and tears in my eyes!
After hours of photo taking, editing, cutting and pasting (or whatever it is you photographers do :)), Brad was finally ready to share his finished work today that so brilliantly reflects the sparkle and magical atmosphere of the day!
Today's post is dedicated to you Brad; and I thank you so much for all of your hard work!
Please visit his website and direct link to all of the photos: http://www.bradmcfarlane.ca/1/post/2013/10/-buddy-walk-2013-down-syndrome-association-of-hamilton.html
I will share a few of my favourites here (although I strongly encourage you to visit the link and check out the video):
Volunteers day of! Believe it or not, this is only about half!
An extremely dedicated and hard working woman, and above all my good friend Ingrid and her son Alex
Ella
Cowboy Dave
Medals for the kids
The Barflys: they rocked!
The guy in the middle. I wish I knew his name: he was awesome.
Hubby
Balloon archway I had to insist on:)
Our DSAH logo on the balloon - so proud!
Working the registration table
TEAM ELYSE!!!!!
The Hamilton Buddy Walk Committee organizer on the right, Jennifer Crowson, interviewing two individuals with DS (and a bonus friend!), to whom we owe everything! What began as her dream, and a small committee, grew into a huge event, attracting over 550 people, and raising over $60,000!!!! Thank you Jennifer, my friend, and to everyone who participated in the Hamilton Buddy Walk!
I can't wait until next year!:)
















Decided today to read your wonderful blog and to my surprise, there we are! You rock lady!
ReplyDelete