Before we left for our stroll, I told Ariel she had to wear her winter coat. I explained it was getting colder, as we are heading into winter; the second piece of information got her really excited.
"We're going to see Winter!" she squealed enthusiastically.
I tried gently correcting her. "Yes, it is going to be winter soon! But do you see all the leaves on the trees right now, that means it is still fall. It is not quite winter yet." But, her mind was set.
"Mommy, we're going to see Winter mommy, we're going to see Winter!"
Our whole walk she would randomly shout out, "Winter!", the same way she shouts out, "Hooray!"
At the end of our walk, she became a bit hysterical at the realization that we had not yet arrived at our destination - Winter. "I want to see Winter mommy! I want to see Winnnnnteeeerrrrr!" Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine. Okay, done.
Soon enough, my dear. Nothing Gold can stay.
***
We hopefully will not see winter for a while yet, BUT today is a very special day BECAUSE we are going to see Dan (aka daddy) after he's been away for 6 days. 6 DAYS!!!
I understand why there is a necessity for two people to make a child. At least that many, if not more, should be involved in caring for said child if we want to continue and to preserve our species.
I am not cut out for single parenting - not even close - and while Dan was gone I didn't even do it all on my own.
In fact, I was lucky enough to have several awesome helpers:
Thank you mom for those sweet few days of being here: your company, assistance, and allowing me to sleep in later than 5am AND run a few bonus errands at night was much appreciated. Thank you!
Thank you Karina for pizza dinner night, and watching both our kids while I put Elyse to sleep. And, oddly enough, for bathing Ariel - even though Jacob refused to join in! haha Thank you!
Thanks also to those who offered to help: Auntie Alexis, Grandma and Grandad...don't worry, I have big plans for you next time;)
***
Today, we are also being reunited with Grandma and Grandad after their lengthy trip visiting family in England. Ariel is bursting to see them, and says their names with the same passion and desperation she uses to ask for a treat. Yes, grandma and grandad are as amazing as candy in Ariel's world, and that is saying a lot these days.
***
Grandma McFarlane's visit:
Trip to the park with Grandma & Jack, Ariel, Elyse and I
Jack, rolling around on his 'walk'.
Grandma teaching Ariel about patience
Okay, here we go!
And he's off! Who's walking who?
Karina and Jacob visit:
This happened spontaneously. I love it
Dinner time! Two big kids sitting on the bench eating pizza.
Ariel, after her bath
Storytime
THEY'RE BAAAACK! The return of Sunday dinners (and Grandma and Grandad!):
Here Auntie Alexis and Grandma can be seen swinging Ariel and Isla in a game affectionately known by all, and named by Isla, as Weeeeeee! The blur is Isla, and both girls are being swung back and forth manically. A great end to our day, and still no winter - perfect.















No comments:
Post a Comment