Tuesday, 18 October 2016

31-for-21: Falling for It

How was today's balmy weather actually considered fall?
I went for a jog wearing a tank top and capris, while pushing my baby in the stroller who wore only a short-sleeve onesie and pants.  At one point, she wiggled her little sock off, and it wasn't even cold enough to warrant putting it back on.  I headed out prepared though.  I keep a heavy blanket stowed away in that stroller.  The weather won't be fooling me - no sir.  Not this year.
Just when you think it's safe to send your kids to school in a t-shirt, out the door you go, and BAM - frost.  I'll be keeping a close eye on you, weather.  I'm not falling for your trickery, but I will be taking advantage of all you have to offer.  Sunny days, warm winds; a slight chill in the mornings.  You sure are making our walks to school enjoyable.  This winter's gonna hurt.

Before school play outside.  Having a use-able backyard is by far the best feature of our new house!

Elyse is now a good climber


Ariel uses outside time to invent games.  Note her skipping rope attached to the post above the top of the slide.  



 "It's opener, out there, in the wide, open air." (Dr. Seuss, Oh! The Places You'll Go)

No comments:

Post a Comment