Do you see what I mean about my thoughts?
Don't blame me for this post, I started off my day with a filling at the dentist. Not a whole lot of inspiration to be found there. Then I came back home to relieve my working husband from baby-sitting duty, so that he could actually work, and played with my baby until it was time for the swing to do its job rocking her to sleep. She slept beautifully - no complaints there - and I worked for several hours on writing. I'm about 500 words shy of reaching 60,000 words in my book, which feels like an accomplishment. But then again, I'm really good at patting myself on the back, when what I should be doing is more writing...sigh...so here goes!
In an attempt to conjure up a specifically inspiring idea, I turned to Facebook. Bad idea. There were beautiful Thanksgiving photos, a lot of pics of people's kids, but nothing I felt inclined to write about. I actually ended up spending money, making a donation to support Peel's United Way to combat poverty, and feed the hungry. I am going to pat myself on the back for that one. At least I didn't buy the dinosaur sweatshirt advertised on the side, though I did click on that link too. My favourite Facebook video from tonight was someone's ingenious idea to dub over the Trump/Clinton presidential debate with Dirty Dancing's theme song, "The Time of My Life." I don't know why I found that so amusing, but it was funny, and hey! Did you know my high school put on a stage production of Dirty Dancing, but we had to call it, Dare to Dance?! I dared to dance of course, but was no baby. I suggest re-watching that movie if you haven't seen it in a while.
Anyway...Dan is still giving me flak, equating my blog posts to my Facebook posts because of their lack of writing. Pfft, what does he know anyway? So what if I want to post pictures of my cute baby on my blog - it's my blog.
Nobody puts baby in a corner.
Here's our baby doing awesome stuff today, like learning how to put things in her mouth. I'm actually super proud.
No really, you should go to bed. But thanks for reading;) xo
I'm going to bed.
funny--i did read it :)
ReplyDelete