Wednesday, 19 October 2016

31-for-21: Remembering the Best of Times

Dan is going to be away for weeks at a time in the coming months.  It's the time of year that I dread.  As conference season and business meetings ramp up, Dan's work life becomes very busy, and my home life becomes increasingly more difficult.  I'm a circus performer, juggling every aspect of our lives:  our three children, my husband, our household, school, running errands, self-care, and advocacy.  Oh, and don't forget the dog.  Every once in a while, I let one of the balls drop - best not to let it be the children.
So when Dan's away, I cross my fingers that all will go well; that there won't be some major catastrophe - and there usually isn't.
When I start feeling sorry for myself, and all the work that falls onto my plate without my better half, I try to remember the good times.  Mostly, the good times are happening right now.  I am in them.  I get the opportunity to make many memories with my children every day, and I know not everyone gets to do that.  Namely, my husband - who has to work.  But I also think back to the work trips Dan's been on when I got to go, too.  Those are some really special times.
So this blog post is for me...in case I start feeling sorry for myself, and for my husband... with whom I have shared the best of times.  A little reminder of the places we've been together because Dan's work took him there, and he took me (and in some cases all of us) along for the ride.

Montreal, Quebec (deux fois!):

(Apologies - no photos for Montreal.  We'll need to go back and make some new memories.  The trips were before this computer's time)

Vancouver, British Columbia:

Dan and I with four month old Ariel (who looks suspiciously alike to someone else I know...)

City of Glass


Toronto, Ontario (times two):


Visiting Ripley's Aquarium

The iconic CN tower



Chicago, Illinois:



the bean





San Diego, California:

Trip to the zoo, zoo, zoo






Orlando, Florida:


Disney World!



I was pregnant with Penelope, but didn't yet know it

Banff, Alberta:


The Rockies

Inside a glacial cave

Then there's the places I've been from all the collected Air Miles, but we'll save that for another day...I may have a bit of a travel bug now...

Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India

No comments:

Post a Comment