#1 - Baby Shower success!
Lunching aunties (not to be confused with 'lynching aunties', yikes)
My pregnant cousin Lindsey, and sister-in-law Stacy (the mommy-of-the-hour)
Jean and my mom
mmm...FOOD!
Isla with her jousting stick
Gift table
Diaper cake creation! Guess how many diapers? (ask Alexis, she knows)
Proud auntie and big sister-to-be
Bellies from left to right: Lindsey - 38 weeks, Stacy - 31 weeks, me - 33 weeks
Future play mates
#2 - While mommy's away, Ariel will play....with Grandma and Granddad all day!
Ariel sitting with Granddad
Playing with bubbles in the sink
Ariel with Grandma, tasty bubbles
# 3 - Regular Sunday Dinner at the Purdham's continues, and cousins reunite:
In this series of pictures, Ariel is taking every toy Uncle Sean puts in front of cousin Isla. We will continue to indoctrinate Ariel with Raffi's, "The Sharing Song".
Hanging out with Uncle Sean. See Ariel, he's not so scary:)
I am modelling being a good sharer with my cheesecake
Signing for "more cheesecake please"
Open wide
# 4 - Chapter's Resolution
I have been negligent in my blog writing in that I have negated to mention the outcome of my Chapters phone call and email. I am pleased to report that, as a result of my request for books on Down syndrome in the store, there will be four titles - with four copies available of each - coming in hopefully this week. Depending on sales, there is definitely the opportunity for more books to come into the store as well. I can smile knowing I have done my small part in promoting Down syndrome awareness outside the scope of this blog. Isn't that part of what 31-for-21 Challenge is all about?
# 5 - Still looking for more good books on Down syndrome!
As a not-so-good aside, I am having somewhat of a hard time getting through the Parenting book about Down syndrome I am reading, "Down syndrome parenting 101", which just so happens to be one of the titles ordered in specially for me at Chapters! No offence to anyone intended, but the author lost me a little bit when she started talking about her son with Down syndrome having out-of-body experiences. That is just not where I am at with Down syndrome right now. On the flip side, there are some very moving stories from parents, with some very real implications for me and my child-to-be with Down syndrome, that I do find insightful. I will read it to the bitter end, and continue my literary search, and mainly Earth-bound journey.




Way to go with the Chapter's outcome, Adelle! It was a great day. I love the perspective looking up at you 3 pregnant mamas because Kianna was the photographer!
ReplyDeleteShe did a great job didn't she? And it really puts the bellies at the forefront...:)
ReplyDelete