Today, a year later, we're back at Lindley's Farm again and it was a much chillier, fall day:
Down the big slide! "Do you want to go again?!" - shakes her head "no"
patting the turkey
asking nicely for more raisins
excited about the pumpkins!
venturing off on her own
bribing her back with raisins
catch of the day
Look how many pumpkins tall I am this year! Bye everyone!
Just this morning, after getting back from mother nature and tuning into technology, I received more words of support and love from friends. From a kind few words, to sharing resources and helpful information with me as a parent, about to become a new parent to a child with Down syndrome - thank you so much everyone! On this Thanksgiving weekend, I am feeling particularly grateful for my wonderful family and the network of friends who surround us with love! May you all feel that peace and warmth in your lives.
One piece of information that was shared with me, that I would in turn like to share, is about a book. I just came to find out about this book, and so have not had time to read it, but its title came to me from a friend and trusted source whose younger sister has Down syndrome. Her parents often give this book to her sister's new teachers. I cannot resist a kid's picture book, and this one is called, "We'll Paint the Octopus Red" by Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen. She informed me that it's just a cute story about a girl whose little brother has Down syndrome.
Here's the Chapters synopsis:
Six-year-old Emma has big dreams for her new baby brother. But when she learns that he has Down syndrome, she worries that he won't be able to do many of the fun things she's imagined they'd do together. This is a reassuring story for young children as well as parents adjusting to Down syndrome and what it means for their relationship with their sibling or child. It concludes with helpful questions and answers for children about Down syndrome.
Sounds like a worthwhile read to me. Thanks for sharing!











As much fun as it is to compare last year's photo to this year's photo, I'm having even more fun imagining the comparison between this year's photo and next year's photo.
ReplyDelete