Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Stranger Encounters

After ringing through my purchases, the cashier at Walmart today told me she was psychic.  She said she could see my baby, and that she was beautiful.  She asked who had the curls in the family, because she could see that our baby had dark, curly hair.  I told her my husband's hair was pin-straight and  I wondered if she could also see that our baby was going to be born with Down syndrome, but didn't feel like getting into it and keeping the next person in line waiting.  Before I could quite move on though, she continued that there would be a third child - a boy, and she told me not to worry, everything was going to work out just fine.  Also, she asked if I had a taller grandparent who had passed on, because she could see a tall man standing beside me - "with me" to use her words.  Luckily, at the time I found her words comforting, and not creepy, as it gives me a nice feeling to think of those who have passed on as 'watching over me' or close by.  Needless to say, this was not your typical Walmart checkout.
The idea of having a third child (I know, I know, I am STILL pregnant...) is one that I was ready to dismiss after hearing our news - initially.  However, much to Dan's chagrin ("One is nice!"), I am just not sure if this will be my last pregnancy.  There is still some part of me that hopes that it is not (for the time being...)

Hard to catch a moving target, but here is Ariel proudly sitting on the cute box baby's face - got 'em!  This girl loves to climb, and ledges are particularly enticing.

1 comment: