Saturday, 3 October 2015

Cuteness Beware

Today's blog is a mixture of long-lost photos downloaded off Dan's phone, and a few new shots captured yesterday from our outdoor play and Halloween decorating.
I am struck by how grown up Elyse looks in some of these first few photos from summer, not to mention Ariel who has classroom friends, in our neighbourhood, she hangs out with.  I am also struck by how many pictures there are of Ariel and Elyse playing different games together.  As I write this, they've got a game with our couch cushions going on, and I can hear them giggling behind me.  What a lovely sound.  I recently read that when you love someone, such as a parent loves a child, you bring yourself to their level.  Though you may be capable of doing more, you limit yourself to their capabilities, in play for example, so that you may both enjoy the game together.  Ariel does this beautifully with Elyse.  Though Elyse can't yet walk independently, Ariel will get down and crawl on the floor with her, and 'chase' her in that way.  She meets her where she's at, and does so out of sisterly love.
There was a brief time, before Elyse was born, that I doubted Ariel would be getting the playmate I wanted to have for her.  Was I ever wrong.  I won't ever doubt you again, Elyse.  Their love for one another is never used up - they seem to have a constant supply.

Loves to eat her cone from the bottom

Sister games in their nook


Hair!




Tickle, tickle


Ready for another year of dance!




Monsters by Ariel


Spooky decorating



She was showing off her 'braking' moves


Big Kids


Ariel got stranded at the top of the hill

Ethan went back up to the top to help her come down

They held hands the whole way

Oreo came out to play with the kids.  Time for supper.




1 comment: