Monday, 26 October 2015

Sunshine Girl

For a girl who spent several hours awake in the dark last night, Elyse had no problem enjoying the early morning sunlight.  Crawling over to a beam of light, she folded herself in half to lay in the patch of warmth.  It's unclear to me whether Elyse sunbathes in imitation of our little dog Oreo - who does the exact same thing, squeezing herself into a tight ball, or if it's because she's discovered independently this is an activity she enjoys.

Elyse was awake from 2:00 - 4:00 am last night, and before that at midnight, and also before I went to bed at 10.  I almost forgot how punishing lack of sleep can be.  I dragged myself out of bed this morning, a good half an hour after my 6:45 am alarm warned me to get up, and settled on driving Ariel to school on our way to the grocery store.  Usually, we walk down to the bus stop all together.  Elyse still got up with my alarm though.  With my eyes mostly closed, I managed to plop her on the floor of my room where she read books and magazines.  I climbed back into bed with Ariel, and we continued to snooze - dead to the world.

Ariel woke several times through the night as well, and eventually joined me in bed at 3:30 am.
Dan missed all of this.  He's attending back-to-back conferences.  Whatever function he was at last night, he said they didn't eat their main course until midnight!

Compared to my sunshine girl, I feel like a sleepy bear.  Nap time.

Sunshine Girl




Preparing for lift off



Energy to spare!


No comments:

Post a Comment