Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Meta-Blogging: you choose

I'm struggling with developing a common theme for today's blog.

Here are all the possible blog subjects rolling through my mind:

- dad who became depressed after his child was born with Down syndrome - accepting the good/ accepting the bad
- Ariel's note-a-day for school (she's gotten a note in her lunchbox with a little message or picture from mom and dad every day since the first day of kindergarten)
- self-advocate with Ds in Hamilton who passed away - fought for independence.
- ladies with Down syndrome on a cruise - one of Elyse's teachers encountered a group of 10 - 15 people with Ds having the time of their life
- Ariel learning her alphabet and making letter sounds - "Hey mom!  This one is for Elyse!" she said to me today, holding up the letter 'E' puzzle piece unprompted.  "And this one's for daddy." she announced holding up the 'D'. "Here's the 'W'"  She's getting the hang of this letter thing.
- learnings from the Down Syndrome Association of Ontario (DSAO) conference: Human Rights Speaker:  "The longest journey is the one from our heads to our hearts." Self-advocate: "People like me for who I am."
- getting up at 5 am
- melted bree cheese with red pepper jelly

And, last but not least, a hot topic I debated focusing on was:  what lovers do (I'll give you a hint:  it involves the red pepper jelly)

If you can string together a coherent story-line with that diversity of material, my hat's off to you!  In the meantime, if any one of these subjects particularly grabbed your attention, drop me a line on Facebook or however you like, and I'll care to elaborate for you in tomorrow's blog.

Lovers eat together - of course!  Geez, what did you think I was going to write?



No comments:

Post a Comment