Tuesday, 13 October 2015

For the Love of Reading

This is the book that kept me up past one in the morning last night...


A love story involving a person who is differently abled - love it!  I haven't reached the end yet, so no spoilers please to those who've read it:)

I have basically given up on watching tv.  Who has time?!  We dropped cable, and only Netflicks has survived out of basic necessity (think of the children).  I think that's all about to change though with the return of Walking Dead.  We have our ways -- that show is a must-see!

These days, I'd choose curling up on the couch with a good book and a hot tea over any other leisure activity.  Feel free to throw your favourite titles my way!  I am into memoirs, disability-related themes and stories, inspirational tales, and any book too good to put down.

I did attend the One-book, One-Halton event this year - a program the library runs to get everyone in Halton Hills reading a particular book by a Canadian author.  They then host the author who gives a talk, followed by a meet and greet.  To my dismay, I neglected to get a photo with the author this year, which is always fun, but I did score an autograph.

Carrie Snyder was the name of this year's author, and the title of the book, that I thoroughly enjoyed, was Girl Runner.


She wrote, For Adelle - May your path be your path (and happy writing!)  
I asked for her advice when writing, and she gave me the helpful tip of leaving what's been freshly written for a week, and going back to it only then to make changes - not right away.  Thanks Carrie!

My kids love reading too:)









And each other...

To all the readers out there who are my kindred spirits, thanks for reading:)

31-for-21 continues...:)




No comments:

Post a Comment