Sunday, 7 October 2018

I Will!

Dan and I attended an exceptional wedding last night.  It was exceptional for a few reasons.  One, because it was a family wedding, and family weddings bring family together.  I saw relatives I haven't seen in a while, and that does me good.  Two, because my brother was the best man, and he delivered an epic speech.  Three (which kind of relates to two) the night was infused with humour, laughter, and good cheer.  I cackled until my sides hurt.  Four (the list goes on), the guests came to dance, and I am ALWAYS up for a good dance party!  I danced, and danced.  I danced until I couldn't dance anymore, and the night was up.  Way past the time when my husband fell asleep in his chair (euphemism?).  And five, last but not least, because my cousin Kyle got married to the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with, and that doesn't happen every day.

During the ceremony, a high-pitched laugh outside during a solemn, inappropriate, moment gave us all a chuckle.  Then, the beautiful bride, so confident in her proclamations, avowed, "I will!" before the officiant finished reading her the list of marital duties, and again, we, the wedding guests, shared a knowing laugh.  I thought of my mother-in-law, substituting her husband's name Jim for John at the altar, and how these tiny hiccups become memorable, and stay with you the rest of your life.  And I smiled for the bride, knowing hers was a wedding not soon to be forgotten.

Cleaned up and ready to go



Dan, half ready.  Nothing is sacred during blog-tober


My sister-in-law Stacy and me.  Shooting the photo outside the washroom makes us giggle.


Brad & Stace


Aunt Shari, MOG

Sisters (my mom is on the right)


Mr. & Mrs.

Us again, viewing the grounds

My cousin Shelby and her man, Cory

Cousin Travis in the middle

My cousin Steven & his wife Shannon.  Steve is the eldest of thirteen cousins on both sides.  I'm third in line.

Cousin photo, excluding many cousins.  We did get one taken by the professional photographer later with everyone in it, including my aunts and uncles.  The guy who took this shot had a camera in each hand, taking two pictures simultaneously.  I call that double shooting.



Mom & Dad

Cousins!




My cousin Kyle, the groom on the left.  "That handsome guy with the strong jawline," as the MC jokingly referred to him.  My brother, and cousin Ryan.

Dan takes the mini-put challenge for the kiss

In stilettos, thank you very much

And of course, I couldn't miss out on the pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes.  Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment