Friday, 5 October 2018

Simple Days

Simple days begin with walks to school, and little ones who cry because it's not their turn yet, and they can't go in.

 They involve taking the dog for a walk.


Then visiting the library.
We went to the beautiful Acton library, which was renovated in 2010-2012.  I may have gushed over its prettiness, taking a few too many photos.  I have a thing for libraries.  I made note of a few lovely working spaces, for anyone local who may be interested.  Go in and check it out!




Simple days continue with clapping our hands, and stomping our feet at Tales for Twos story time.

Bubbles are popped.

Pumpkins are sorted, and crafts are made:  a paper-licious slice of pumpkin pie, with a dark crust, and cotton whipped cream on top!  Yum.


Then it was time to say goodbye to Willoughby Wallaby Woo, the elephant, and make our way home.

Simple days end with books.  (Spoiler alert:  every day ends with books)

What I finished reading last night:
A Pulitzer prize winning war photographer's story on what it takes to become the best in the business, from a woman's perspective.  Her stories from the wars in Libya, Sudan, Iraq and Afghanistan mirror what Addario must do in her profession - she allows you to get close enough to feel for the subjects she shoots without becoming completely engulfed in sorrow at their plight and destitute situations.  The images that accompany her stories make the book real, and I cried looking at them, as you will too.  

What I'll be reading next:

This book promises to be a lighter (hearted) read!  Elizabeth Gilbert is the popular author or Eat, Pray, Love, her memoir of self-discovery that came out in 2006.  Big Magic came out a few years ago, but I became interested in reading it after listening to Elizabeth Gilbert's podcast, Magic Lessons, produced as an extension of her book.  It's about following your creative passions.  I'll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment