Monday, 22 October 2018

The Joy of Lugging Pumpkins

For some reason, this is the picture I want to blog about today. 
There's something about the fact we're all in it together, as a family, even if it's from behind the camera lens, and ignoring, if you will, that my head's been cut off.  Life isn't really about the parents, though is it?  Maybe it's because this picture beautifully captures a moment of cooperation, shared purpose, and determination between my children with the sole goal of bringing Halloween to our home.  Or maybe I've got it wrong, and the kids have carried the spirit of Halloween inside them all along, and the pumpkins are just a way to express it.  A way for the adults to participate.
As I raced around tonight, annoyed to be spending my evening shopping for costumes pieces, and finishing touches, this picture came to mind - more so, this moment of togetherness - and that helped get the job done. 
I have been "home" taking care of children the past six years.  This is literally my life, right here in this photo.  I wouldn't trade it...(but I would send them to daycare part time!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment