Tuesday, 23 October 2018

Sleep

Though it's a cardinal sin to do so in our society, I set my iphone timer for twenty minutes this afternoon and took a NAP.  Let me tell you, it felt good.  I started dreaming.  When I woke up, the world made sense again.  I regained productivity.
I can not recommend getting good sleep, and taking naps as needed, enough.  Often children (especially babies), life, goals, responsibilities... all of that gets in the way.  But don't let it!  Take sleep back for yourself!  Even babies, for all that they rob sleep from their parents, know this.  That is why they sleep so much - be it at inconvenient hours.
There have been times when I felt like I would never sleep again.  Times when I went without sleep, and then recovered sleep, and realized I was two different people in each of those scenarios.  Listening to my in-laws, and my parents, I know nature's cruel joke:  with age, there may be sleepless nights ahead. 
Take heed of this warning:  sleep now!!! and forever dream in peace.

When babies and daddies sleep together:  perfection.
(Ariel, age newborn)

No comments:

Post a Comment