Monday, 2 October 2017

Hamilton Walk for Down Syndrome

When Elyse was born, we lived 10 minutes from McMaster Children's Hospital.  The first Down syndrome community we belonged to was our local Hamilton Association, DSAH (Down Syndrome Association of Hamilton).  I volunteered to help organize the first fundraising walk the association ever had, and our ties there run deep.
For the joy of seeing familiar faces alone, I'd be happy to make it back to Hamilton every year to support the walk; that all the money supports individuals with Down syndrome and their families is just the whip-cream with the cherry on top.
If you've never been to a fundraising walk, specifically a Go21 walk (Canada's branded fundraising walk for Down syndrome, parented by the Canadian Down Syndrome Society) then I suggest you do.  I guarantee you will enjoy yourself, and at the very least, be caught up in the good spirit of those that surround you.  Halton's Walk for Down syndrome (our current local association) holds its annual Go21 Walk in June, and that's where Team Elyse will be well represented.  We hope you will join us this year!

We're here!


Ready to walk.

Mother nature could not have been kinder

We caught up with Team Rilyn, and walked with our buddies the Hurrens

Photo-taking is hard

Photo-taking with children... impossible

Big Sisters, Ariel and Ivy leading the way

Elyse trying to sneak in the back at the bouncy castles afterwards

Blue Balloons, and Joy

Elyse in the bouncy castle.  She came out willingly the first time around...the second time was a different matter

Thanks for a morning of fun, and congratulations DSAH for raising over $80,000!

2 comments:

  1. it was so lovely to see you and your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a walk and I enjoy your descriptions of Elyse and her friends.

    ReplyDelete