Today's moments for me are simple and brief.
There was finishing my eight kilometre run, and realizing I had only run six - oops.
There was the picture grabbing at my heart, sent to me by text midday, of Elyse playing at the dirt centre in her classroom, full of smiles.
There was Penelope running around the toy store, while I picked out a birthday gift for her sister, pushing a miniature shopping cart, and groping two miniature horses in her meaty hands.
There were my three girls nestled around me while I sat sewing at the kitchen table after school. The beginnings of a Halloween project: turning Ariel's teddy bear into a vampire.
There was Penelope again, reaching up high, and stealing Ariel's half-eaten yogurt cup off the table. I caught her mid-bite and she just laughed and made a break for it. Last I saw her she was headed for the play tent.
There was the arrival of daddy, and pizza, and Halloween candy, followed by a collective feast.
There were stolen pauses with my husband in between ushering kids to bed. Whispered secrets for adult ears alone. By the sink, up the stairs, in the bedroom.
There was a coffee date with a former neighbour - a fast friend and fellow writer, with whom I could have talked all night. The instant we got goose bumps from our shared experience of realizing points of no return in our life. That we could never go back. That we would never want to go back. Nothing would ever be the same.
There was writing before bed, the joy of thinking over my day, and laying it all to rest.
Yes, that is yogurt you see on the tent
phase one complete
Love the post !!! The collection of moments metaphor is...pure brilliance.
ReplyDelete❤️